MAKING SACRED PLACES
The 6th International and Interdisciplinary Conference on 'Built Form and Culture Research'
October 16-19, 1997
University of Cincinnati
College of Design, Architecture, Art and Planning and 'Old Saint George'
The Conference encourages research into socio-cultural aspects of architecture, art, design and planning widely considered sacred and to raise critical issues within an interdisciplinary context towards the values, rituals and built-environments inherent to sacred places.
Round table discussion:
- Sacred landscapes, markings, rituals and communities
- Architecture, art and design within places of worship
- Fine art addressing spiritual or sacred aspects
- Sacred landscapes, markings, rituals and their communities
- The architecture, interior design and liturgical directives in contemporary places of worship of world religions
- Fine Arts (painting, drawing, photography, music and sculpture) which raise critical issue of sacred place and spiritual power.
Univ. of Cincinnati
School of Architecture and Interior Design
College of Design, Architecture, Art and Planning
PO Box 210016
Cincinnati OH 45221-0016
phone: (513) 556-6426
Fax: (513) 556-3288
Back to Homepage